Making an Offer
MAKING AN OFFER
As your Buyer’s Agent we will:
- Prepare an offer that will meet your needs and provide a solid basis for negotiating with the seller.
- Provide you with a Competitive Market Analysis that will determine a realistic offer.
- Present your written offer to the sellers agent and negotiate on your behalf.
- The sellers will have the choice of:
- Accepting your offer as presented
- Rejecting it completely
- Countering it
- 5. Communicate to you the seller’s response and, if necessary, suggest further negotiating options.
- 6. An accepted offer leads to a legally binding purchase contract.
Keep in mind many factors affect the price that sellers ask for their houses:
Physical characteristics of the house:
* Size of house and lot
* Physical condition
* Floor plan and style
* Number of properties available
* Prices and terms
* Location and physical condition
* How long they’ve been on the market
* Interest rates
* Availability of financing
* Prices of recent sales
* State of the economy
* Seasonal demand
Asking price also may be affected by:
* Seller’s motivation to sell
* Seller’s original purchase price
* Updates since purchase price
* Seller’s need for cash
* Opinions of others
* No market expertise