First Time Home Buyers
FIRST TIME HOME BUYERS
We love working with first time home buyers. Go to www.ErinMorse.com for more information about all the services we provide as Real Estate Agents.
How to raise your Credit Score:
- Pay your bills on time.
- If you have missed payments, get current and stay current.
- Be aware that paying off a collection account will not remove it from your current credit report.
- If you are having trouble making ends meet, contact your creditors or see a legitimate credit counselor.
- Keep balances low on credit cards and other “revolving credit”.
- Pay off debt rather than moving it around.
- Don’t close unused credit cards as a short-term strategy to raise your score.
- Don’t open a number of new credit cards that you don’t need, just to increase your available credit.
- If you have been managing credit for a short time, don’t open a lot of new accounts too rapidly.
- Do your rate shopping or a given loan within a focused period of time.
- Re-establish your credit history if you have had problems.
- Note that it’s OK to request and check your own credit report.
- Apply for and open new credit accounts only as needed.
- Have credit cards, but manage them responsibly.
- Note that closing an account doesn’t make it go away.